Friday, May 15, 2009

In Memoriam - Charles Bud Tingwell 15.5.09


It is with deep regret that I tell of Charles Bud Tingwell's passing this morning at 8.10am, he was with friends and family, who told me the end was quick. I can only say that it was an Honour and Privelege that I got the chance to work with him, and it speaks of the character of this great man that he would help a no name film maker like myself to create Spitfire Guardians.


I would like to extend my deepest sympathies to his friends and family, and I ask all who read this to raise a glass tonight and think of what Bud Tingwell did for the Australian Film Industry, for film makers around the country. I remember talking to Tony Barry last month about Bud, and he said that Bud's motto was to never refuse acting work, no matter the job. I thank him for helping me, and I will never forget recording his voice over for my film, his words will remain with me forever.


Kind Regards,

Simon Van Der Spoel
Director - Spitfire Guardians

No comments: